Kaguya-sama Wants To Be Confessed To: Love is War (Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen) Episode 5 Review


Kaguya-sama: Love is War Episode 5 Review

The only thing I can say about this anime at this point is: In a strong season of really good anime, this one might be my favorite. 

With shows like Rising of the Shield Hero, Dororo, The Promised Neverland, Mob Psycho II, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, and That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime, some might say I'm crazy for saying this show is my favorite. From the scores that I've seen other people post on this show I can see why most might overlook it. 

The comedic moments in this show are always on point and the over-dramatization of the way the characters imagine certain events is pure hysteria. I find myself every episode laughing out loud at the situations that the characters always end up finding themselves in. The icing on the cake probably has to be the lovable and adorable Chika Fujiwara, who has risen the ranks of being one of the fan favorite female characters this anime season due to her amazing ED at the end of Episode 3 (if you haven't seen it, I'd recommend watching it. It's GREAT!)

(Chika Fujiwara Dance in Ep. 3 ED)

Just like always, Chika brings her comedic silliness in this week's episode as well. She has quickly moved up the list of one of my favorite characters of all-time and she shows no signs of slowing down. 

Now let's talk about the two main characters in Kaguya and Shirogane. Even though I like to praise Chika a lot, I can't go without praising the writing for these two characters as well. Both are likable and have their own merits to them. Seeing the battle of wits every week between these two characters is adorable and hilarious (mainly because things never seem to go the way they plan anyways). And the best part of the situations they deal with is that they are always nostalgically relatable. 

Whether its not knowing if someone likes you or not or talking about trying to become friends with your crush before asking them out brings me back to my days in school. 

 Much of the comedy in this show stems from the relatability of the situations they end up in as well as the satire that comes from making fun of typical romantic tropes found in other media. In this weeks episode, Kaguya-sama: Love is War takes a jab at the cliche of sharing an umbrella with the person you like. It's done masterfully and, as per usual, Chika intervene's in their plans. 

Bringing it back to Chika, she really shines in this week's episode. She was involved in pretty much every scene and she really made her presence felt in all of them. In most of the episodes so far she has been much of a third party, but in this episode she gets heavily involved with the events that are happening. Also the detective hat from the episode 3 ED makes an appearance. 



All-in-all, this week's episode was a blast and I don't want to spoil too much of it because I think this show is that good. I'd highly recommend anyone to watch it if you like great comedic timing and situations. 

Bu that's just my two cents. Thanks for reading. 



If you are interested in knowing what anime I am currently watching and what manga I am currently reading, please check out this link: https://anilist.co/user/codyashi/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I Maxed Out My Defense VS Infinite Dendrogram: The Battle of the VRMMO's of Winter 2020

Fire Force Sets Anime World On Fire With Episode One

Rent-A-Girlfriend: Kazuya is THE WORST